Humans of Eastern

“I am originally from Southern California. I lived in a little town called Neuvo that is about an hour north from San Diego. My high school graduating class had a little over 500 students in it. There are five high schools in the county with mine actually being the smallest school and then the biggest school had a graduating class of about 900 students. I studied Animal Science at Oklahoma Panhandle State where I met my boyfriend. After college, I went back to California for about two years where I worked for my family’s business. My family owns a breeding kennel for dogs where we raise Australian Labradoodles. We have been raising them for about fifteen years now. I am still technically under the family’s kennel name, but I do have my own females out here and I raise my own litters. About two years ago, my boyfriend accepted the ag teaching job in Hartshorne, Oklahoma. So, we moved out here and I was lucky enough to where it worked out perfectly for me to be able to get a job here at Eastern a month after we moved here. I am the Administrative Assistant for the Agriculture Division where I do a little bit of everything. I love raising a couple of litters of dogs on the side and I love working here at Eastern.” – Jena Braun